Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wine Bottle Vases


I thought I would post the wine bottles I have upcycled this week. I took 3 wine bottles and 1 one large 1.75 liter liquor bottle my uncle gave me and made them into vases or just beautiful home decor items.

The first bottle i'm going to show you is one that I am currently working on. This is another large 1.75 liter bottle. As you can see I left the bottle the way it was. I have just added glue in sections about 3" at a time. I wrap the hemp twine closely and tightly and work my way down.


This next picture is the large 1.75 liter bottle that I have that is finished. I also added a white glitter twig in the top to show how it can be used. I made a burlap flower and added lace trim around the middle to dress it up.
 


This next one is a regular sized wine bottle that has been wrapped in the same natural hemp with lace trim and white flowers this time.


 
This one is brown and I ran out of the brown hemp at the very bottom, so I decided to go with a white hemp for the bottom to give it a unique look. I brought that white up by adding some white flowers and also added some brown sprigs. I really like how this turned out.
 

My last one is great for summer or fall. I used 3 different colors. Red, dark orange, and light orange. Then I tied in all the colors with a cluster of flowers. They are glued to a felt circle I cut out, it helps to keep them attached to the bottle better. All the flowers on the bottles above have felt backs for that purpose.


Well they are. I hope you like them. I hope to list them to my shop very soon. I want to make sure I have proper boxes on hand for shipping them first. Thank you for coming by and taking a look.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment